Tuesday, October 05, 2010

I read a graphic novel!!!


Finally.....I read a graphic novel. Last night I read In the Small by Michael Hague. I've really been liking the "dystopia genre".... and this book fit the bill.

On a beautiful September day a strange blue light swept over the earth. It went everywhere --- inside buildings, to the bottom of the ocean and inside subway tunnels. It only lasted a second -- then life returned to normal - almost. The only life form that changed were humans. Humans are now about 6 inches tall --- approximately the size of a pencil! Think of all the dangers that present themselves when you are that small. Pets - cats and dogs - think you are food, how would you navigate the stairs in an office building, how would you push the button for an elevator?

Somehow "Mouse" and "Beat" short for Beatrice become two of the leaders in the chaos that ensues. Read the book and see if you like it as much as I did.....I'm waiting for a sequel.

No comments: