Tuesday, October 12, 2010

lessons from a dead girl by Jo Knowles


I only meant to read this book for a short time last night. I got home late from conferences and needed something to put me to sleep. (The Viking game wasn't doing it!) I ended up staying up late, too late, to finish this book.

Laine is a victim. Leah is a victim. Leah is dead. That about sums up the book!

Laine has always wanted to be a part of the popular crowd. When Leah, the most popular girl in the school, wants to be her friend, Laine is ecstatic! But popularity comes at a price. When Leah is at Laine's house she wants to go in the closet with her and "practice". Laine is very conflicted in her emotions. She wants Leah's friendship, but she feels wrong. She tries to end the friendship and there are disastrous results. Laine tries to help Leah, but it is as though she doesn't want help. There are risky behaviors and lessons learned. I couldn't put it down.

No comments: