Monday, January 24, 2011

Blood on my Hands


Todd Strasser is a favorite author of mine --- this is his newest book.

Cell phones....and cell phone cameras are everywhere. Callie learns firsthand the danger of a cell phone camera.

The book begins, "In the dark woods behind the baseball dugout, I'm kneeling next to Katherine's body, my heart racing, my breaths shallow and fast, my emotions reeling crazily at the sight on the ground before me." At first Callie doesn't understand.....why is her friend lying on the ground? Why does she appear wet? As Callie realizes her friend is dead and the shiny wetness is her blood, other people arrive on the scene.

Perhaps the worst case of bad timing ever....as Callie reaches down and picks up "something" next to Katherine, a cell phone starts snapping pictures. Callie is holding the murder weapon....and now it looks as though she is the one who committed the crime.

Can Callie prove her innocence? Read the book and see!

No comments: