Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25

I loved this new book by Richard Paul Evans. As I read his bio on the inside back cover I found it interesting that he also wrote The Christmas Box. The two books are nothing alike!

Michael Vey is the main character. Fourteen years ago he was born in a Pasadena Hospital as were many other children. Mysteriously many of the babies died, but seventeen survived with special powers. Michaelhas an electric power. He can "surge" electricity from his body. The "doctors" in charge of the research project have hunted down all these kids. They want to harness their power to control the world.

Evil prevails. Michael's mom is kidnapped to lure him to the facility. A showdown between the kids and "Hatch" prevails. The books leaves you hanging. I guess I'll have to wait for the sequel to see what will happen:(

No comments: